- Charles Auffray (Genexpress, Functional Genomics and Systemic Biology for Health, CNRS Villejuif; currently associated with the CNRS and the Pierre et Marie Curie University of Paris)Fred Boogerd (Vriej University, Amsterdam)
- Frank Bruggeman (Vriej University, Amsterdam/Manchester Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, University of Manchester)
- Janine Guespin (CNRS, University of Rouen)
- Victor Norris (Assemblages Moleculaires: Modelisation et Imagerie, CNRS, University of Rouen).
- Samir Okasha (Philosophy, University of Bristol)
VenueEgenisUniversity of ExeterByrne HouseSt Germans RoadExeter, EX4 4PJ
In order to address some of the questions being raised by scientists and philosophers of science about systems biology, a short informal workshop was held at the University of Exeter.
Also present:Jane Calvert, John Dupré, Lenny Moss, Staffan Müller-Wille, Maureen O'Malley, Jamie Stevens and Alex Powell (all from the University of Exeter). Issues discussed included emergence, autopoiesis/self-organization, epistemology of models, and system concepts.
Click here for the workshop programmeClick here for the Philosophy of Systems Biology Workshop Report