Media, marketing, regulation and nutrigenomics: An international workshop
- Dr. Minakshi Bhardwaj - CESAGEN, University of Cardiff.
- Prof. Nicky Britten - Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth.
- Dr. Louise Brown – Unilever plc.
- Prof. David Castle- University of Ottawa
- Prof. Tim Caulfield – School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- Rachel Dechenne - Egenis, University of Exeter
- Prof. John Dupre – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Prof. Edna Einsiedel - Faculty of Communication and Culture, University of Calgary
- Dr. Hannah Farrimond – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Stuart Hogarth - Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge
- Prof. Steve Hughes – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Prof. David Melzer - Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth.
- Dr. Matt Reed – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Dr. Nola Reis - School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- James Rolstone – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Dr. Paula Saukko – Egenis, University of Exeter
- Sally Wasmuth – Egenis, University of Exeter
EgenisUniversity of ExeterByrne HouseSt Germans RoadExeterRoom: GF7
Thursday 21st June ArrivalFriday 22nd June 8.45 – 9.15 Coffee and Welcome9.15 – 9.30 Welcome Address: Professor John Dupre – Director of Egenis9.30– 10.30 Stuart Hogarth: ‘The Regulatory Environment for Nutrigenomics’ Respondent: David Castle10.30 - 11.30 Nola Ries: ‘Regulation of Nutrigenetic Tests: A Comparative International Analysis.’ Respondent: David Melzer11.30 – 12.00 Coffee12.30 – 13.30 Tim Caulfield: ‘Representations and Realities: Can Nutrigenomics Do What It Promises?’ Respondent: Stuart Hogarth13.30 – 14.30 Lunch14.30 – 15.30 Edna Einsiedel: ‘Credibility Markers in Direct-to-Consumer Marketing of Genetic Tests’. Respondent: Matt Reed15.30 – 16.00 Tea16.00 – 17.00 Paula Saukko, Matt Reed and Nicky Britten: ‘Negotiating the Boundary Between Medicine and Lifestyle: Media, Marketing and Nutrigenomic Tests ’ Respondent: Tim Caulfield17.00 – 17.30 Minakshi Bhardwaj: The Future of Food: Opportunities and Challenges of Nutrigenomics Respondent: Steve Hughes19.30 - Workshop Dinner at Harry’sSaturday 23rd June 9.30 – 12.30 Coffee and future directions12.30 – Lunch and trip to the Coast